Table of contents:
Benefits of Nutritious foods:
Following are some of the significant benefits of Nutritious foods:
Enhanced physical health:
Optimal physical health is supported by the presence of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Eating the nutritious foods can help reduce chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
Our bodies need fuel to function. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet can help boost energy levels and reduce fatigue.
Better mental health:
Studies show that a healthy nutritious diet can reduce the risk of depression and anxiety. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grain products are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Eating a high-fiber Nutritious food diet can improve digestion and prevent digestive problems such as constipation and gas.
Stronger immune system:
Nutritious foods contain vitamins and minerals that support a strong immune system, helping to fight off illness and infection.
Healthy weight management:
Eating a balanced diet can help you maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of certain diseases. If you want to lose weight fast by eating nutritious diet, then click here.
Top 10 nutritious recipes to cook by yourself
Whether you are looking for a special dinner for your guest or a quick weeknight meal, the following most delicious nutritious recipes that you can cook at home are the best options:
Most popular crispy, a non-pasta chicken recipe that is mostly seen in Italian and American-style restaurants. Besides its mouth-watering fancy appearance, it is very easy to cook at home. Here are some of the ingredients and directions that you need to follow to cook it:
- 3 to 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Half a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F and then spread the non-stick cooking spray on a 9×13 inch dish.
- Separate 3 shallow dishes for the breading mixture. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the first dish. Beat the eggs in the second dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in the third dish.
- Now dip each breast in the flour mixture and then into the beaten eggs. Finally, dip the chicken breasts into the breadcrumb mixture, and try pressing the mixture so that it may stick properly to the breasts.
- Once done, place the breasts into the prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Now pour the marinara sauce over the cooked chicken breasts and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the dish again into the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool. Now garnish your recipe by sprinkling the chopped fresh basil over it.
- Now, eat and enjoy!
This French cuisine looks like a pizza, but it’s 2x tastier than it. A blend of cheese, meat, custard, and nutritious vegetables adhered on a pastry crust. Here are some ingredients and directions which need to be followed to cook a quiche:
- 1 pie crust (refrigerated)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese
- Optional ½ cup of cooked ham (chopped) or bacon (crumbled)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter (can use cooking spray instead)
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F and then spread the butter or non-stick cooking spray on a 9-inch dish.
- Unroll the refrigerated pie crust to place it on a prepared dish. Form a crust by crimping its edges.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk in a mixing bowl. Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper, and cooked ham with bacon (if using). Mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake the quiche in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Take out the quiche from the oven and let it cool.
- Finally, eat and enjoy your delicious quiche.
As the name describes, it’s a yummy soup mainly made of Lentils (with or without husk). It can also consist of meat, vegetables, and other nutritious items. Ingredients and directions to cook a lentil soup are as follows:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 cup of dry brown lentils (other lentils can also be used)
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can of tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- For garnishing, use Fresh parsley or cilantro (chopped)
- Heat olive oil over moderate heat in a large or Dutch oven. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add celery with chopped carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add lentils to a pot after rinsing them with cold water. Stir well.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juice) along with vegetables or chicken broth.
- Add coriander and ground cumin and stir well to combine.
- Boil the soup, reduce heat after some time, and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the Lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, garnish your recipe with parsley or cilantro (optional), eat, and enjoy!
Ground beef when stuffed into a crispy taco shell with lettuce, tomato sauce, cheese, and cream, we get a mouth-watering nutritious Taco recipe. Following is the step-by-step method along with ingredients to cook a Taco recipe at home:
- 1 pound ground beef (can also use turkey)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Half a cup of water
- 8 taco shells
- Lettuce (Shredded)
- Tomatoes (Diced)
- Cheese (Shredded)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Brown (partially cook) the ground beef or turkey in a skillet on moderate heat. Drain excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning with water in the skillet. Stir well and boil it.
- Simmer (boil with reduced heat) until the liquid has evaporated (usually 10-15 minutes).
- Heat taco shells in the oven according to the package instructions.
- Gather tacos by filling each with the ground beef mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and sour cream (if using).
- Finally, eat the tacos as soon as possible.
The best of all salads, the quinoa salad, is crispy delicious, and refreshing. It looks similar to tabouleh salad but actually, it’s tastier than it. Following are the ingredients and steps to cook a nutritious quinoa salad at home:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine strainer and drain it well.
- Combine quinoa with water in a medium saucepan and then boil it. Reduce the heat and simmer it for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Now let the quinoa cool at room temperature.
- Combine cool quinoa with chickpeas, red bell pepper, red onion, fresh parsley, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Now make the dressing to pour over quinoa salad in a small bowl by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Now let the salad cool at room temperature, after it, enjoy eating!
Pad Thai/Phad Thai/Phat Thai is a tasty Thailand street food. You cannot resist these Noodles and fried rice combined with some peanuts, scrambled egg, and beans. Ingredients and directions are as follows:
- 8 oz. flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/2-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
- 2 sliced green onions
- Lime wedges (with serving/optional)
- Fresh cilantro (with serving/optional)
- Soak rice noodles for 10 minutes or until softened in hot water. Drain and place aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add and stir-fry the garlic until fragrant. (10 sec)
- Add shrimp or chicken and fry for about 2 minutes or until cooked. Push it to one side of the skillet.
- Crack the eggs on another side of the skillet and scramble.
- Add the drained noodles with fish and soy sauce, tamarind paste, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir well for 2-3 minutes until noodles are coated completely.
- Add bean sprouts and stir until wilted.
- Once everything is ready, place your Pad Thai on a plate and garnish it with peanuts, onions, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve lime wedges on the side and enjoy eating.
You are going to love this extremely nutritious recipe even if you hate vegetables. Crispy tender veggies in flavorful broth served with bread and naan can surely make you hungry even if you just ate something heavy. Look what ingredients are used and what steps are followed in cooking this delicious vegetable curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add red bell pepper, cauliflower florets, carrots, zucchini, and chickpeas, and cook for another five minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add curry powder, ground coriander, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir well to coat vegetables properly.
- Pour the can of coconut milk and stir again.
- Boil curry, then reduce heat to let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes until all the vegetable tender properly.
- For taste, use salt and pepper (optional). You can also garnish your recipe by using fresh cilantro.
- Finally, your curry is ready to eat.
A quick snack, containing shrimp fried and served hot and crispy. It’s tastier with Thai sauce. The ingredients required and steps followed to cook this recipe are as follows:
- 1 pound squid/calamari rings
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Rinse calamari rings under cold water and then dry them with paper towels.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each ring into the buttermilk, and coat in the flour mixture.
- Heat 1-inch vegetable oil over moderate heat in a large skillet until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Add coated calamari rings to the hot oil, fry it for 1-2 minutes, and remove the rings from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them over a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Make sure to perform these steps with a few rings at once so that the skillet is not overloaded, and every ring is cooked properly.
- Once cooked, squeeze the lemon on the rings, and enjoy!
Chia seed pudding
Enriched with protein and Fiber, this sweet recipe is best for you if you are craving to eat a dessert but are diet conscious. Very few ingredients are used in making nutritious chia seed pudding, and it is very easy to cook as described below:
- 1 cup of chia seeds
- 4 cups of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (or some other)
- For topping use fresh fruits, nuts, and granola. (optional)
- Whisk the chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, honey, and maple syrup in a large bowl together.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 2 hours or overnight. Stir occasionally until it becomes pudding-like thick.
- When ready, garnish it with fruits, chopped nuts, and granola.
Have a look at this sweet, nice, and healthy smoothie bowl. Very yummy and easy to cook at home. Look at the following ingredients and steps used in making it:
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- You can use fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, and granola as toppings.
- Combine all the fruits, milk, chia seeds, and honey in a blender. Blend until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add some more milk.
- Finally, add toppings of your choice and enjoy!
There are various benefits to eating nutritious foods. Furthermore, cooking these recipes at home not only induces health mechanisms in the human body, but also prevents you from certain diseases. It’s a good hobby and a romantic way to make your wife happy whenever she’s angry.